It’s that time of the year again. We are already a few weeks into January, and if history repeats itself, most of us have already broken our New Year’s resolutions.
Want to keep your promises you made to yourself this year? Then instead of making resolutions, make action plans.
- Switch “I want to lose weight” into “I will walk 30 minutes on the treadmill each day.”
- Turn “I want to quit smoking” into “I am going to read Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking this month.” (No joke; this book changed my life.)
- Make “I want to pay off the mortgage early” into “I will brown bag it every Wednesday so I can put an extra $20 towards the mortgage each week.”
- Turn “I want a new job” into “I will send a resume to one of my target companies each week.”
- Change “I want to sell more” into “I will make at least 2 new contact prospecting calls each day.”
To help get you started on identifying your goals, download our free GOAL SETTING & ACTION PLANNING TOOL from the B2B Sales Connections Download Centre. For detailed instructions on creating a plan of action on how to achieve them, check out my book Action Plan For Sales Success. It includes specific techniques and tools that you can use to impact your sales immediately. As one reader wrote in his recommendation, “I wanted to share something that helped me double and almost triple my sales this year, and the year isn’t over yet!”
Whatever your goal, turn it into an executable action plan and you are that much more likely to achieve it. Remember, as Harvey Mackay once said, “Failures don’t plan to fail; they fail to plan.” More motivational quotes here.